What do you get as a LegalWise Member?
- Face-to-face legal counselling and assistance from our Legal Counsellors at our Branches.
- 24-hour legal assistance via our telephonic LegalLine (We offer telephonic legal counselling and assistance).
- Access to legal advice and administrative assistance can relate to any aspect of law including our exclusions.
- Online email-based legal assistance during office hours.
- Access to our network of lawyers, who will represent you.
- Cover per case for your legal fees should you need representation in court or Alternative Dispute Resolution Forums.*
- Access to LegalWise Branches and payment of legal fees for matters that are covered, whilst visiting or staying temporarily in the Republic of South Africa.*
The LegalWise Basic Membership includes:
- LegalWise provides legal counselling and assistance and covers legal fees* per case for criminal, civil and labour related cases.
- Legal and related advice.
- Counselling and assistance on court procedures.
- Negotiations and correspondence with third parties on your behalf.
- Assistance and counselling regarding basic legal documents, such as legal contracts.
- Debt relief matters such as settlement negotiations, consolidations, payment extensions and blacklisting.
What is not covered by LegalWise?
Our Membership is kept a-ordable by not covering:
- Business and ancillary business activities
- Defamation cases initiated by you, that is where you are the Plainti
- Matrimonial matters (marriage, divorce, maintenance disputes, custody, adoption and paternity matters)
- Status matters
- Matters involving you as a member, public officer, trustee, executor, curator or spokesperson
- Matters with an option to pay a fine, without a conviction.
- Matters that arose before you joined LegalWise or during your 3-month waiting period. *
- Class or Collective actions
- An act aimed at promoting or frustrating economic, political, social or environmental change.
- Matters before you joined LegalWise or during your 3 month waiting period
Examples of matters that our Legal Counsellors will assist you with are:
- Family matters (child maintenance enquiries /advice and divorce).
- Insurance problems (life policy, car/house insurance claims, repudiations).
- Consumer-related problems (guarantees, warranties and defective goods).
- Home-owner issues (breach of contract, faulty alterations, home improvements, damages and defective building works).
- Employment matters (unfair dismissals, breach of contract, retrenchments and workplace disputes).
- Criminal cases against a Member or his/her family.
- Motor vehicle problems or accident claims (damages as a result of an accident or breach of contract, wrongful repossession, defective workmanship, latent defects, overcharging by a supplier or wrongful repudiations of car insurance claims and or misrepresentation at point of sale)
- Personal injury claims, damages to physical property and consumer problems
- Advice and assistance on predated matters or matters that are not covered by LegalWise.
- Education problems (breach of contract and disciplinary proceedings)